home || about me || tutorials || shop || my favorite blogs || home education

26 September 2011

What I've been up to lately...

I've been having a great time constructing some new items for the shop. Working on these projects is such a delight for me. With two young children underfoot, it is often challenging to find time and energy to pursue my creative endeavors. But I've recently had a bit of an epiphany. You see, I believe creativity is a gift from God. He has, after all, demonstrated the most amazing creative works in His magnificent creation.

For by him all things were created; things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him.
Colossians 1:16

For the LORD is the great God, the great King above all gods.
In his hand are the depths of the earth, and the mountain peaks belong to him.
The sea is his, for he made it, and his hands formed the dry land.
Psalm 95:3-5

I love thinking of the Lord as our Great Creator. I can't help but praise him when I think of how he's formed and planned out my life and the lives of my husband and children. I can't help but give glory to his name when I drive around town and see the immensity of the Rocky Mountains spread across the horizon. So, I consider it a great privilege and an act of praise to spread my creative wings, so to speak. It is a gift to create interesting things, and it is a joy to have this be an opportunity for me to contribute something financially to our family.

Now, for the big reveal! These little collages are each so special and unique. I create the original designs, hand-cut all the paper, and stitch each piece together to form a whimsical piece of art. I hope you like them!





No comments:

Post a Comment