home || about me || tutorials || shop || my favorite blogs || home education

25 September 2012

Weddings and babies, oh my

Brett's sister got married on Sunday, and I'm happy to say that we survived our first wedding experience with two small children. It's not for the faint of heart, though, let me tell you! As evidenced by the pictures below (which happen to be the only ones I took all day!!!), our minds and energies were focused on enjoying the special day while somehow keeping the smallest guests content.

Brett's sister, Tiffany, and her new husband, Mike, had a beautiful wedding. Hopefully I'll be able to snag a picture of the bride from another source. She really did look radiant.

Maren was the flower girl, and you'd have thought she'd done this a hundred times. She looked precious, and was so excited to be a part of the wedding. She took her job of dropping autumn leaves down the aisle very seriously. And she promptly came and reported a need to use the bathroom immediately upon finishing her job. Of course! Never mind that we'd taken her every fifteen minutes leading up to the big moment. At least I got to watch Tiffany walk down the aisle. And I returned in time for the vows and the kiss. Phew.


My little princess...

And, our efforts at getting a family photo were less than stellar. Truett was not interested in having his picture taken.

The best one, maybe?

Not happening...

And, just for a laugh...totally falling apart.

Maybe I'll show Truett these picture before his wedding, and insist that he cooperate more for his pictures. Oh, well. Truett was happy throughout the entire dinner portion of the reception, and he welcomed the chance to lay down in the pack-and-play for the rest of the night. Maren, meanwhile, danced her little heart out and did not stop talking until we pulled into our driveway after 10.

Congratulations Mike and Tiffany! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment