home || about me || tutorials || shop || my favorite blogs || home education

01 October 2010

Friday Finds: October 1 {and a little trip}

Brett took the day off from work today and we enjoyed a family day in the mountains. We ate breakfast at our favorite little hole-in-the-wall breakfast place in Woodland Park, and drove over to Rampart Reservoir for a nice little walk. {Prior to having a child, we hiked, now we walk!}

Being outdoors in the autumn weather made me wish I was wearing this charming little necklace:
Rust Sleepy Owl and Berry Branch Necklace from Luna Shine Shine

Isn't it sweet? It's been in my favorites for a while now.

As for our morning, Maren threw many rocks to the fishes...{I didn't have the heart to tell her that fish do not eat rocks!}

We enjoyed nature with all of our senses...

I was blessed to witness my two favorites enjoying a special moment...

One of the locals taught Maren how to operate a fishing pole...

This little girl was thrilled beyond belief by all the wonderful sights...

And, Brett and I enjoyed a peaceful car ride home. Life is indeed great!
P.S. On the way home we made a little stop by the local running store for 2 pairs of new shoes...I'll tell you why sometime this week!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a perfect day! We call those "best days ever" at our house. Sometimes you just need to take the day off. We have a little hole in the wall place near our home that we love to visit too. The kids always get root beer in a cowboy boot glass :)

    ReplyDelete