home || about me || tutorials || shop || my favorite blogs || home education

26 April 2013

Today...

Today I spent a good portion of my time with this girl and her brother.

We enjoyed a slower start to the day, followed by errands and donuts at the park. The rest of the day was spent at home doing things like rollerskating, napping, reading a few books, coloring, and shooting hoops on the mini basketball hoop that's become a semi-permanent installment in the middle of my kitchen.

These days that seem so simple are a treasure to me. The business of having young children at home is challenging and refining...but it's also a delight. Days like today...with a slower rhythm...serve as a reminder of how much I love being a mom. Thank you, Lord, for calling me to this life.


No comments:

Post a Comment