home || about me || tutorials || shop || my favorite blogs || home education

07 October 2011

A quiet day and catching a picture of '3'

I hope you're all having a lovely Friday! I'm enjoying a quieter day at home...Maren is spending some time with her Gigi (grandma), so it's just me and Truett today. Truett is the most laid-back, content little guy, so it's easy to get things done when it's just the two of us. He loves to roll around on the floor and watch me operate. He also takes 3-hour naps, which means I'm getting some rare alone time, too. I'm hoping to have a few finished projects to share with you all next week. I'm also working on some Christmas things. I can hardly believe it's time for that, but it will creep up on me if I don't start now!

I'll leave you with a little photo montage of my beautiful girl. It's next to impossible to catch a nice, smiling picture of her these days, so I've resolved to capture her in whatever mood she presents. This is who she is right now...a spunky, independent, funny 3-year-old who refuses to smile for a picture. These are the types of pictures we'll love to look at some day, right?
Maren entertains us so much. The other night, she was refusing to try something I'd served for dinner. We have a rule at our house that it's okay to not like every food, but we all have to at least try a few bites of what's being served. In effort to get Maren to try a bite, Brett was recalling the classic Dr. Seuss story of Green Eggs and Ham. He reminded us of how at the end of the book, when he finally decides to try some green eggs and ham, he actually ends up liking it. Maren's swift reply was, "Well, he didn't like them with a fox, though."

Try as we may, Brett and I are rarely able to maintain composure during moments like these. They are times when we're reminded what a delight it is to have small minds in our midst.

Happy weekend!

2 comments:

  1. She is just adorable. I like the one where she is pointing her finger at you. Funny girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a little personality. love all of these! too cute!

    ReplyDelete