Good morning, friends. And happy 2013.
I've got a week's worth of posts in various stages of completion (or non-completion)...waiting to be finished. I intended to start the year off with some sort of deep, introspective post. Instead, a little washi tape tutorial. There you have it. And I'm using phone pictures. Welcome to the new year.
I ordered a collection of these cute washi tape spools from Le Box Boutique a while back, and have loved having the variety to play around with in my packaging. Stick around until the end of the post...I might just have a little discount code so you can pick up some washi for yourself.
One of my goals/plans/intentions for the year is to be better about sending birthday cards...good old-fashioned-post-office-mail. We're also trying to make better financial choices (hello, my husband is a banker). So, I spent a bit of time in my craft room last week making up a little collection of birthday cards to have on hand.
If you're human, you probably can look at a picture and figure out how to make these, but I'll go ahead and show you what I did.
1. Stamp something fun onto a gift tag...you could swap out any stamp to make a more generic card.
2. Choose some coordinating washi tape, and rip off a big piece to adhere the gift tag onto the card.
3. Add a second smaller piece of tape for a little added interest.
4. Wrap another little piece of washi tape around the envelope, just for fun.
5. That's all. So easy...but cute, right?!
You could also add some baker's twine to the top...
...embroidery thread would work, too.
So, go visit Lacey's shop: Le Box Boutique and use code OHWRITE10 for 10% off your purchase. Lacey sells washi tape by the foot...so you can start or add to your collection with some great variety.
You'll also find inspiring packaging supplies like these pillow boxes...